BDporc is a representative database and a digital platform of the pig sector created at the initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPA), the National Association of Pig Producers (ANPROGAPOR) and the Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries (IRTA). BDporc offers reference information, provides benchmarking and decision support tools to its affiliated pig companies.
The main objective of the BDporc is to offer a set of interactive services that allow, without the need for specific software, immediate access to the information generated by the BDporc and to various tools for decision making and analysis of the results of the swine sector, in the strategic area of companies and public entities.
This online access to all the information generated by the BDporc System represents an unique initiative in the sector and an important advance in the systems of distribution and access to production results.
BDporc provides users with services that are easily accessible from any device and in any geographic location:
- Online access to the information generated by BDporc,
- Access to analysis and decision support tools
- Interactive and customized report generation
- Progressive incorporation of new tools and utilities.
In order to adapt to different needs, the BDporc System includes three different areas:
- Pig companies,
- Public entities,
- Other users (public access).
Thus, the BDporc home page gives private intranet access to two types of users (companies and institutions) where the main services linked to the BDporc system are offered.
Intranet area for companies
This section is for those companies adhered to BDporc, which have a user code and a password to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
BDporc allows immediate and personalized access to the information generated by the BDporc Information System, facilitating a wide set of tools for results analysis and decision making.
Briefly, the main contributions of BDporc to companies are as follows:
- Permanent and protected access to all the company’s own data from any location.
- Immediate integration of the company’s data with the information generated periodically by BDporc (reference standards) for a joint analysis.
- Availability of tools to facilitate the analysis of results and help in the company’s own decision making.
- Permanent electronic access to all of the company’s performance reports prepared by BDporc on a regular basis.
- Tools for the interactive generation of customized reports and graphs of the company’s own results.
Intranet area for institutions
This area is designed to provide public entities, upon request, access to the information (duly anonymized) generated by the BDporc System that could be of interest in the scientific, academic and/or administrative fields.
In short, BDporc offers institutions:
- Permanent access to the information generated by the BDporc, e.g., the reference standards developed periodically.
- Tools for evolutionary analysis of results.
- Tools for comparative analysis of results.
- Tools for interactive report generation.
- Predictive production analysis.
In no case, this area allows access to individual company data, respecting at all times the privacy and confidentiality of the same.